How to make the feta pasta recipe that went viral on Tik Tok with a few simple ingredients. Grab some feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and get ready to enjoy this simple yet delicious pasta.
What's The Deal With This Feta Pasta on Tik Tok?
There are a lot of food hacks that go viral on social media. Some of them for good reason and others leave you feeling like, who would eat that?
This is one trendy recipe that's actually delicious. I mean you can't really go wrong with these ingredients.
Well my friend, if you’re here you want to know what's the deal with this recipe. Don’t worry, I have the step-by-step instructions to make this savory pasta that's taken the internet by storm.
Ingredients for Baked Feta Pasta
Cherry Tomatoes ( you can also substitute grape tomatoes)
Extra virgin olive oil
Greek feta cheese
Pasta - Your choice, but I’m using rigatoni here
Basil (for garnish, optional)
How To Make Feta Cheese Pasta
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grab the tomatoes and put them in a baking dish. I am using an 8x8 dish, whatever you have on hand will be fine.
Add half of the olive oil and season your tomatoes with salt and pepper. Toss everything together until the tomatoes are completely covered with this mixture.
Add your block of feta cheese right in the center of the dish.
Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top and season everything with salt and pepper once more.
Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. You’ll probably noticed the tomato skins have burst and that okay!
While your feta cheese and tomatoes are in the oven, you can start your pasta and cook according to the package directions.
Once the feta cheese and tomatoes are done cooking, remove from the oven and use a fork to mash the tomatoes and feta.
Stir the mixture with a spoon.
Add your pasta and toss it to coat completely. Garnish with basil. Enjoy!
How To Get the Creamiest Feta Pasta
An important note about the texture of this pasta! Greek feta cheese is the creamiest option, but if you are using regular feta cheese, you may notice a gritter texture.
To fix this you have a couple of options.
When you get ready to strain the pasta water, reserve a small bit of the water. Mix it in with your feta cheese block and a bit of ricotta cheese once you get it out of the oven for a creamier sauce.
You can use crumbly feta cheese, but note this will change the texture of the dish.
Tips For the Best Feta Pasta
Don’t be stingy with the olive oil. Depending on how many tomatoes you use, you can always add more.
Fresh garlic cloves are preferred. Minced garlic is okay, but the fresh cloves will taste amazing in this dish.
If you don’t have kosher salt on hand, use the salt you have.
Full fat feta cheese is what you want to use here!
Alternative Versions of Feta Cheese and Cherry Tomato Pasta
To make this vegan, substitute with vegan feta cheese.
For a low carb version, switch the pasta with zoodles, spaghetti squash or even chickpea pasta.
I hope you enjoy this feta pasta recipe. Let me know if you enjoy it!
Baked Feta Pasta
- 1-2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block greek feta cheese
- 12 oz pasta
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse your cherry tomatoes and put in them in the baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Give them a good shake or toss to make sure they're fully coated.
- Add the block of feta cheese to the center of the baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil. Season the feta cheese with salt and pepper. Add garlic cloves to the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- While cherry tomatoes and feta cheese are baking, cook the pasta according the instructions on the package.
- Once the tomatoes and feta have finished cooking,remove from oven. Use a fork to mash them.
- Stir the mixture together with a wooden spoon.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Save this to Pinterest!