Instead of a hot chocolate bomb, coffee lovers will rejoice when trying these Cafe Mocha Bombs. Prepare tasty coffee bombs that you can add to your cup of black coffee to enjoy chocolatey coffee bliss.
You may have noticed that hot chocolate bombs are all the rage. People are preparing them, giving them out as gifts, and even buying them from different stores because they love how fun they are to use and how delicious they taste.
If you think they are cool, but you prefer coffee over hot chocolate, you will love these Mocha Coffee Bombs.
The Mocha Coffee Bombs go great when added to a hot cup of your favorite coffee.
All you need to do is brew a cup of coffee the way that you like it and then toss one of these bombs into the liquid.
If you would like to make these bombs, all you need to have is three ingredients to get started, so what are you waiting for?
What is hot chocolate and coffee mixed together called?
A cafe mocha simply put is a combination of milk, coffee or espresso and chocolate.
Making coffee bombs is a great way to simplify your morning routine. Instead of stumbling around for the coffee creamer and any other extras that you like to put in your coffee, you can pour the coffee into a mug and place one of these bombs inside.
The chocolate will melt, the powdered coffee creamer will come out, and you will have a delicious cup of hot coffee to drink with the stir of a spoon. It does not get much simpler than that.
It is a good idea to make these bombs to simplify your morning routine while having a tasty cup of coffee, but you can also give these bombs out to other people.
You can make these chocolate bombs, wrap them up nicely, and then hand them out as gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions. You can never go wrong with a tasty chocolate treat that goes great with coffee.
Ingredients Needed to Prepare Cafe Mocha Bombs
When making the Cafe Mocha Bombs, there are some ingredients that you will need to have ready to use, such as:
- Milk Chocolate Chips. You will melt the milk chocolate to create the molds for these Cafe Mocha Bombs. You can use any brand of milk chocolate chips that you like best.
- Powdered French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. The coffee creamer goes with the coffee and gives it more flavor. If you always add creamer to your coffee, this ingredient is a must for your bombs.
- Freshly Brewed Coffee. Brew a pot of coffee to have ready for when you finish making your bombs. You can pour it into a mug and then carefully place the Cafe Mocha Bomb into the coffee, allowing it to melt entirely.
As you can see, you will not need many ingredients to create these tasty treats.
The Equipment You Will Need Before Getting Started
Before you make the Cafe Mocha Bombs, you will need some equipment. Make sure you have the following items:
- Microwave-Safe Bowl. You will melt your chocolate in the microwave, so you need to have a microwave-safe bowl to use.
- Spoon. You will use the spoon to mix your chocolate and make sure it is fully melted. It does not matter if you want to use a metal or wooden spoon.
- 6 Cavity Mold. The mold is a must-have for preparing these Cafe Mocha Bombs. If you do not have it, you can purchase one from Amazon.com or most local craft stores.
- Small Piping Bags. The piping bags will come in handy when you need to connect both sides of the bombs. If you do not have piping bags, you can use Ziploc baggies!
- Ceramic Plates. You need one plate that you can keep cold and one that you can keep warm.
If you have the equipment mentioned above and a pair of scissors, you are ready to prepare the Cafe Mocha Bombs.
Which Chocolates Work Best With These Treats?
Although the recipe calls for milk chocolate chips, you can use any other type of melting chocolate that you prefer.
You may want to choose from white chocolate, dark chocolate, and even milk chocolate to customize the taste of your Cafe Mocha Bombs.
Always make sure to choose chocolates that will melt well. You can choose from many brands of melting chocolates, including Wilton, Ghirardelli, Sweet Tooth Fairy, and even Baker’s Corner.
Can You Prepare Different Variations of the Cafe Mocha Bombs?
You can prepare all the different types of Cafe Mocha Bombs. The best way to create different variations is to switch up the kind of chocolate and powdered coffee creamer you will use.
For example, you can find powdered coffee creamer in many other flavors, such as hazelnut, vanilla caramel, creamy chocolate, and traditional caramel.
Along with using different types of powdered coffee creamers, you can use additional chocolate chips, such as white chocolate, mint chocolate, and even dark chocolate.
What to Know When Preparing Your Cafe Mocha Bombs
Preparing the Cafe Mocha Bombs is both fun and simple, but there are some helpful tips to know before you even get started.
- If you freeze a plate, you can prevent your cocoa bombs from melting when you remove them from the mold.
- You want them to keep their shape so that you can fill them with the powdered coffee creamer.
- Make sure to avoid overheating your chocolate. If you overheat it, the chocolate will burn, and you will need to start all over again.
- It is best to heat the chocolate for a few seconds at a time.
- You can always add extra seconds if you need to melt the chocolate down a bit further. Besides melting the chocolate correctly, do apply enough of the melted chocolate to the rims of each mold to get them to stick perfectly together.
- If you do not add enough chocolate to each edge, they will not stick and will start to fall apart.
Now that you know what you will need and how to get started, you can prepare flavorful Cafe Mocha Bombs to add to your cup of coffee.
Looking for more ways to take your next cup of coffee up a notch? If you enjoy iced coffee, check out my easy recipe for how to make whipped coffee.
Mocha Coffee Bombs
- Microwave safe bowl
- 6 cavity mold
- small piping bags or ziploc bags
- 2 plates
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips
- powdered coffee creamer your flavor choice
- freshly brewed coffee
- Place one of the plates in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 60 seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stick a spoon into it to see if its beginning to melt. If it has begun melting, reduce the power on your microwave and continue with the melting process.
- Continue to warm up chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until fully melted.
- Stir chocolate until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Use a spoon to drop a dollop of chocolate into each cavity on the mold. Make sure each cavity is covered completely.
- Wipe off any excess and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove 1st plate and mold from freezer.
- Place the second plate into the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove each half of chocolate from the mold. Place on the frozen plate to prevent melting.
- Add coffee creamer to one half of the chocolate mold, as much as you would like.
- Use the warm plate to melt the ends of another half of the chocolate half circle. Connect this half to the half chocolate mold you filled with coffee creamer.
- Decorate the bomb. You can use the piping bag to drizzle any leftover chocolate.
connect. Make sure to take extra care to bring the melted chocolate all the way up all the sides. You should not be able to see the color of the inside of the molds, if you can your bomb wont be as sturdy.
Save this to your Pinterest board!